Thursday 22 September 2011

Now That's What I Call Free

Here's something new from me, I've found so much free music on the internet I can't believe people illegally download! So starting here I will do occasional podcasts featuring what I think are the best free tracks out there. You can download and keep any of these yourself and I'll link the track listings. This first one is predominantly alternative but mostly I'll be mixing genres. So here we go:



1. Remember Remember - Get Good a band I first heard on a Mogcast and fell in love with. Having bought their first e.p. and album I found this on RCRD LBL and just had to share it with you too!

2. The Happy Hollows - Bird Of Prey I know nothing about these but I like this song.

3. Bombay Bicycle Club - Lamplight B.B.C. have been creating a buzz for some time now so here they are.

4. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Born On A Day The Sun Didn't Rise "I've got the big beat" - Amazing piece of psychedelia from this Pittsburgh band.

5. Best Coast - Boyfriend Another band that seem to be getting plenty of press, try this little number from L.A.

6. Tokyo Sex Destruction - Break-Out Town Noise rock and fun from a group with a great name!

7. Diamond Doves - Club Night Back to the beats from N.Y.

8. Still Corners - Cuckoo I was on the SubPop website and saw the video for this song and fell in love. Check RCRD LBL for more from this greeat London based band and I'll see you at the album launch party!

9. The Blacks - Raincoat Picking the pace and giving some attitude.

10. Grand Pocket Orchestra - Chongo Pop A bit of fun, nothing more.

11. Dananananackroyd - Chrome Rainbow Great riff and handclaps, probably would've had different vocals myself but still lots to enjoy.

12. Finally Punk- Negative Creep "I am not Kurt Cobain" but this is Nirvana!

13. Razika - Taste My Dream More sing-a-long stuff and happy guitars.

14. La Femme - Sur La Planche From Paris we have up-beat cute vocals and surfboard guitars, but it works (for me)!

15. Dum Dum Girls - Jail La La I was doing a space themed party mix and found a track by The Dum Dum Girls. I liked it and their star has been rising. Also on Sub Pop there's more available free on their site.

16. Rikslyd - Am I sexy? You might think Hip Hop at first but once this Paris based Norwegian starts 'rapping' you'll see wht it's here!

17. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Young Adult Friction Another band gaining press, and with a name like that how could I ever not like these native New Yorkers.

18. The Octopus Project - Wet Gold Dreamy and uptempo together? Oh yes.

19. Atari Teenage Riot - Blood In My Eyes From the late '90s, German electro rock.

20. Trwbador - Sun In Winter You'll find this in Owlet Musics free stuff with two other singles. I also recommend the sampler which is so cheap and there's some good stuff on there!

21. Mogwai - Rano Pano It seems this has been removed but one of my all time favourite bands and there's two songs here for you to try, one from the last album and one from the first (if you accept Ten Rapid as an E.P. collection).

22. Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - The Copper Top (Edit) I can't find the site I got this from, but this one let's you download it too. I just bought the album. One day I'll play 'Glasgow Jubilee' and freak everyone out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment